IELTS Speaking part 2

               

                  Speaking part 2

In the IELTS speaking part 2 test you will be given a task card on a particular topic, and this will include key points that you should talk about. 

This section of the Speaking test gives you the opportunity to speak for longer on a topic.
You will be given one minute to prepare to talk about the topic on the task card.  A pencil and paper will be provided for you to make notes.
You will have to talk for 1-2 minutes, and then the examiner will ask you one or two questions on the same topic. Part 2 takes 3-4 minutes in total.

How to practice

Ask your study partner to listen while you speak about the task card topic. You should talk for 1-2 minutes.
Your study partner should then ask you one or two questions on the same topic using the rounding off questions. 
Record yourself if you can.

Speaking test part 2: candidate task card

Describe something you own which is very important to you. 
You should say:
  • where you got it from
  • how long you have had it
  • what you use it for; and 
  • explain why it is important to you.
You will have to talk about the topic for 1 to 2 minutes.
You have one minute to think about what you're going to say.
You can make some notes to help you if you wish.

Example-
Examiner: Alright? Remember you have one to two minutes for this, so don’t worry if I stop you. I’ll tell you when the time is up. 
Candidate: OK
Examiner: Can you start speaking now, please?
Candidate: Yes. One of the most important things I have is my piano because I like playing the piano. I got it from my parents to my twelve birthday, so I have it for about nine years, and the reason why it is so important for me is that I can go into another world when I’m playing piano. I can forget what’s around me and what ... I can forget my problems and this is sometimes quite good for a few minutes. Or I can play to relax or just, yes to … to relax and to think of something completely different. 
Examiner: Thank you. Would it be easy to replace this, this piano?
Candidate: Yes, I think it wouldn’t be that big problem but I like my piano as it is because I have it from my parents, it’s some kind unique for me.
                Example-


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment